The Life in Food

Taken at a field at oratory prep
  1. I chose the banana as a object more specifically a phone. I also told Mike to look angry and almost as if he was having an argument over the phone. I think the banana adds a really unique twist to the photo.
  2. The lighting used in the photo was natural light as it was taken outside. The weather was rather gloomy which helped with the mood shown in the picture. The black and white layer added onto the background also helped portray the mood.
  3. I used the composition technique Fill the Frame. In the original photo Mike was already rather close up and in detail. I decided to crop the image to get rid of excess background and focus on his facial expression and the banana.
  4. In my photo I used the color splash technique on the Banana and the lanyard. I used it on the banana to help the audience find a point of focus and to add a little vibrance. I decided to reveal the red of the lanyard for a deeper meaning, I tried to express his anger through that red and help expose his true emotion through color.
  5. In my photo I used the regular lens (18-35). I used this because I had a close up shot of Mike and the food.  I used blurry background and focus of subject to help keep the attention to detail. During the photoshop editing I used the black and whites to help enhance the color of the banana and enhance the color of the lanyard.

I would tell students next year to be patient and careful. I would also tell them to take as many photos as they want because when you look at them you have so many options to choose from. I would also tell them to have fun and make the picture look natural as it always tends to make the photo more interesting

Taken in my Kitchen
  1. I chose the bread and coffee because I found that it matched quite well and had a solid amount of color. I told my dad to hold up the coffee cup and a piece of bread to make it look as if it is in the moment.
  2. The lighting was inside my house but it was early in the morning. This helps understand why there is coffee in the photo. It has a breakfast type themed.
  3. The composition technique I used was Fill the Frame. I have my main object filling up most of the frame and this helps the audience focus on what I’m trying to portray. I also cropped the background as it was distracting the photo of what I was trying to portray.
  4. I used the color splash technique to focus my photo on the object i wanted. I helped bring color to my photo and had a lot color to it. I choose to mask the piece of bread in the hands. I also chose to mask the coffee cause tho it is black it is not the same shade as the rest of the black and white.
  5. I used my phones regular camera no zoom. I didn’t use portrait or anything just the simple camera. I did use depth of field to make the background blurry and the food focused. I used a black and white filter for the background.
  6. Same as the question in photo above